Tuesday, December 15, 2015

I Chews You {Lawn Fawn}

Hello there!  I'm over on the Lawnscaping Challenges blog today with a punny watercolor card!  I actually used Lawn Fawn inks in Lobster and the new Plastic Flamingo (which happens to be the most perfect shade of pink!) to watercolor my background using the ink smooshing technique.  I tapped the ink pad on a piece of clear acetate, spritzed it with water, and pressed it into my watercolor paper, moving it around until I was happy with the ink distribution.  I started with Plastic Flamingo, and then dried that layer before adding small amounts of Lobster ink.  I stamped, colored and diecut the gumball machine and gumballs from the Sweet Smiles stamp set, and then added a piece of polkadot patterned paper from the Let's Polka Mon Amie 6x6 paper pad, topped with a Stitched Scalloped Border.  I created a custom sentiment using Violet's ABCs, and then matted the panel on a Scalloped Rectangle cut from red cardstock.  Before adding it to a red card base, I tied a bit of Peppermint Lawn Trimmings in a bow in the top right corner.


I Chews You

That's all for me today!  All supplies are listed and linked above!

Thanks so much for stopping by!! :)




1 comment:

Rachel Bergfeld said...

I love this card! It's just the perfect sweet Valentine!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS