Monday, September 28, 2015

Sharing on the Lawn Fawn blog today!

Hi there!  Today, I am SO SO SO excited to be sharing a few projects on the Lawn Fawn blog!  In addition to the halloween tags that I shared here, I also made a card to share!

If you've visited my blog before, it's no secret that I love Lawn Fawn and I love watercolor.  More than just a little.  Obsessed is a good word.  So on this card, I combined the two! :) I used distress inks to create this ombre striped background (a technique that I learned in the newest Online Card Class).  When it was dry, I diecut the watercolor piece with the largest die from the Small Stitched Rectangles die set.  Then, using the Stitched Snowflakes dies and the new Mini Snowflakes dies, I cut a bunch from white card stock.  I adhered some with foam tape, and others with a glue pen.  I stamped a sentiment from the Snow Day stamp set (I just love the sentiment and the font!!), and added a few sequins for sparkle before adhering the panel to a white card base.  I am SO excited to see smaller snowflakes to go with the large set!  I think these two die sets pair beautifully together, and I think they are definitely going to get a workout this winter *wink* :)

Merry and Bright

Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Snow Day
Dies: Lawn Fawn Stitched Snowflakes, Mini Snowflakes, Small Stitched Rectangles Stackables
Paper: Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Paper, PTI White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress Inks in Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry, Abandoned Coral, Spiced Marmalade
Other: Pretty Pink Posh sequins in 4mm Sparkling Clear, Ballerina Pink, Fairytale Fuchsia, Strawberry Burst, Foam Tape

6 comments:

lifesabeach32940 said...

WOW!! Now THAT is an AWESOME card. Love your background!! I'm definitely going to have to figure out how to recreate!! Thank you for the inspiration!!

Heidi Brawley said...

OH this is sooooo very Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yuki said...

Gorgeous card and congrats on being featured on the LF blog!!!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh...I wanna CASE this!!!

merryf said...

this is spectacular! Love the ombre look!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! I love it!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS