Tuesday, May 26, 2015

WPlus9 Get Sketchy Challenge #1


Hi there!  Today I have a card to share using the WPlus9 Get Sketchy with Joni #1 sketch as inspiration!  I created a bridal shower card, using the new Love Showers stamp set and Love Showers Layers dies.  I was also inspired to make a shaker card after seeing Joni's example for the challenge.

Love Showers

I will admit that I am still getting my feet wet with shaker cards.  I am intimidated by them because there is so much that can go wrong.  LOL!  But apart from this card taking a good bit of time, things came out pretty well.  I started with a white A2 card base and used Little Piggy ink to create a pink ombre.  Then I used the Love Showers Layers dies to create a rounded tag with a window for the shaker box.  On the inside of the shaker, I used Bo Peep ink to create a cloudy sky and then stamped the falling hearts using Little Piggy ink again.  I stamped the sentiment in black ink on the inside of the shaker and filled it with Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear sequins before closing it up.  I diecut the clouds, umbrella,  hearts and "love" word from white cardstock, and then used Little Piggy Ink and a blending tool to color some of the pieces.  I adhered them on top of the window of the shaker using glossy accents for a secure hold.  To finish things off, I threaded some white satin ribbon through the tag hole and tied a bow with some white and silver twine, and then adhered the shaker to the card front.

Here is a close up of the shaker:

Love Showers


That's all for now!  Thanks for stopping by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: WPlus9 Love Showers
Dies: WPlus9 Love Showers Layers dies
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, WPlus9 Little Piggy, Bo Peep
Paper: PTI White
Other: Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear 4mm, 6mm and 8mm sequins, PTI Fresh Snow Satin Ribbon, Lawn Fawn Silver Sparkle Lawn Trimmings

6 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet & pretty, Audrey! I love your fabulous shaker card!

Janet's Joy said...

It's beautiful Audrey!! Those teeny hearts are so stinkin' cute!

Joni Andaya said...

How sweet is this Audrey? Oh so loving the pastels, Gorgeous :)

merryf said...

Audrey it's beautiful! You have no reason to be afraid of shaker cards because this one is spectacular!

Jamie said...

This is so sweet and pretty!

Gayle said...

The most beautiful shaker I've ever seen Audrey! Gorgeous!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS