Thursday, May 28, 2015

Some SUPER EXCITING news!

Good Morning to you!  Today, I have some SUPER fun, very EXCITING news to share!  I have been asked to return to the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge design team!  Way back in 2011, I was part of the very first SPARKS team, and I could not be more thrilled to be back!  You all know how much I love my Paper Smooches Stamps!!  WOOHOO! *happy dance*




I will be sharing my first project as part of the team on June 7th, but I couldn't resist playing along with this week's Designer Drafts Challenge.  Here is the sketch:



I loosely followed the sketch...  My giant sun is a little higher in the sky than the sketch shows. *wink*

I started off by blending Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers Distress Ink together on an A2 card base.  Then I hand cut a piece of Kraft cardstock to create the sandbar.  I stamped, colored and fussy cut the cute little crab from Chubby Chums Pals, and before I added him with foam tape, I stamped his shadow using the Shadows stamp set.  The beach wood and adorable seagull are from the Surf and Turf stamp set (one of my very first PS sets).  I used Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks on a 2" circle diecut to create the sun, and then added some Cute Clouds diecuts and finished off with some red and white twine.

Oh Crab...

Thanks for letting me share my super fun news with you!  Thanks for stopping by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Smooches Chubby Chums Pals, Surf & Turf, Shadows
Dies: Paper Smooches Cute Clouds
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress inks in Cracked Pistashio, Peacock Feathers, Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, PTI Fine Linen
Paper: White, Kraft
Other: Copic Markers, White Gel Pen, Foam Tape, Lawn Fawn Peppermint Lawn Trimmings

6 comments:

Jennifer K said...

Woohoo! Congratulations! Super fun card!

Susan said...

Congrats!!!

jenn shurkus said...

LOVE this card!!! congratulations!!! :)

Mary-Anne V said...

Congrats now another blog to see your great creations! Love this fun card!

Kim Mraz said...

HOOOOOOOOOOORAY! And Welcome back! So glad you are joining in the fun this week--- you nailed this sketch! LOVE that little crab--- great coloring and detail! LOVE everything about this card! YOU ROCK, Audrey <3

Larissa Heskett said...

AMAZING CARD!! I just LOVE the FUN Deign and your AMAZING Coloring!! I'm a HUGE FAN and SO EXCITED to be a Teamie with you on PSS!! THANKS for Playing along and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS