Thursday, August 15, 2013

Tastefully Inspired {Clear and Simple Stamps}

Hey there! It's group post day with Clear and Simple Stamps!!

Our challenge was to create something inspired by food.  I don't know about you, but in the summer months, I love fresh watermelon... and with watermelon on the brain, I created this ensemble:


I used distress inks to mimic a watermelon design for my card, and on the favor.  I masked off each stripe, inked and then removed the masks.  It is sort of hard to see in the photo, but the white stripe is actually Simple Adhesive covered in glitter.  The little watermelon seeds are from the Flower Garden set.  I cut off one of the tiny raindrops from the raindrop pattern image to make it easier to place the seeds just where I wanted them.

For the favor, I used the Take Out Box die  (my new favorite die from CSS!) and simply inked and glittered  it while it was flat, when scored and assembled.  I created a little tag using the Tags 1 die, Trendy Tags Stamp set and the little watermelon from Perfect Harvest.


When I finished my card, I looked at it and felt it needed a little something, so I pulled out my Foodie Fun stamp set and added the cute little ant...  I love him!


Be sure to visit Lori and the CSS blog for more Tastefully Inspired projects :)



5 comments:

Lyndal said...

ABSOLUTELY stunning Audrey - LOVE it!!!

Susan said...

So cute!!! And I love that tiny ant, what a perfect touch.

Elena said...

so creative! I love your sponging with the glitter strip in the middle!

Jennifer Jackson said...

This is really cute! I love the melon bag with the glitter on the white part!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Audrey, this is adorable! Totally love it!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS