Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Spread the Love Campaign {Clear and Simple Stamps}

 
I am here to spread some love! Clear and Simple Stamps is hosting a Spread the Love Blog Campaign.  You can read more about it here.
 
 
 Inspiration can come from anywhere and hit at any moment.  It may encourage you to try new things and stretch your creative boundaries.   Spread the Love is meant to give a virtual high-five to other bloggers who's work you admire.  I follow lots and lots of blogs - some papercrafting and some not.  One that I LOVE and visit often is Let Them Have Polish.  Apart from paper and stamps, my other loves are makeup and nailpolish.  I found Cristina's blog while searching for nailpolish swatches, and I was immediately drawn to so many things about LTHP - Cristina's beautiful nails, awesome photos, fun and creative nail ART.  Let's face it... a canvas can come in a variety of shapes and sizes from a giant portrait, to a card front, to a fingernail.  (Btw, did you know that you can stamp on your nails!  I have a kit and love it... you can see many examples on LTHP's blog).  I encourage you to visit Let Them Have Polish and see for yourself, but here are a few of my favorite posts from Cristina:
 
 
 
 

 
 
and finally, a Skittle Cling-Wrap Mani
 


I used the Bold Blooms color scheme for my card:
 
 
Using a mix of distress inks, I inked a panel for my card front.  Using nailpolish, yes NAILPOLISH, I splattered a silver and pale grey polish randomly over the rainbow panel.  It adds shimmer and dimension, which I love!  Using the Limited Edition Joy stamp set and die, I added the sentiment to the panel.  I am sort of bummed that despite my best efforts, I got a drip on my sentiment... but it's artistic right? *wink* For a little bit of extra bling, I added some of the Sterling Silver Metallic Cord.  The panel was then matted on Perfect Little Black Dress cardstock and popped up on foam dimensionals on an A Blank Check cardbase.
 
(click to enlarge)
 
I hope you will join us for the Spread the Love Campaign!  There is a little contest going on and you could win a guest design spot for our next release!  Check out all the details here.
 
Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day! :)



4 comments:

Kara said...

Fun blog!! Love your card!

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous card!! Lee-Ann :)
ps...love the tie dye looking nails!

Amber said...

This is such a fun post, Audrey!! I wish I was better about having awesome nails - I always love seeing cool manicures like these!

Leigh Penner said...

What a fabulous card, Audrey! I love the colour combo and how you were inspired by nails!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS