Monday, January 3, 2011

HEC January Challenge!

My friend Ted, at Happily Ever Crafter just posted his monthly challenge, and I was anxious enter. Ted's challenge was to use the following, and ONLY the following to make a card:

•ONE (1) base card (of any color)
•ONE (1) matting paper (solid or pattern is fine)
•ONE (1) stamp image (you can choose either image or sentiment, not both)
•ONE (1) ink color (Versamark for embossing can be your ONE choice)
•ONE (1) embellishment (ribbon, button, brad, flower, etc.)

You can see Ted's post here: http://www.happilyevercrafter.com/2010/12/happily-ever-challenged-13-1111.html
This was kind of tough for me... I had to resist the temptation several times to add more. LOL!

My card consists of the following:

1 card base - Plum Pudding
1 matting paper - Kraft
1 stamped image - PTI YOF: Violets
1 ink color - Fresh Snow
1 embellishment - Plum Pudding Satin Ribbon



Supplies (all PTI unless noted):
Stamps: YOF: Violets
Ink: Fresh Snow
Paper: Kraft, Plum Pudding
Other: Plum Pudding Satin Ribbon, Corner Rounder

8 comments:

Laurie said...

Audrey this is so pretty! I love your coloring! And your new blog is too cute!

Ted said...

Audrey, this is absolutely beautiful. Your coloring is just incredible! So elegant. Thanks for playing along with me! :)

AuroraDawn said...

Beautiful card Audrey, your colouring is fabulous!

What a difficult challange, I know I wouldn't have been able to stop adding more and more.

Kara said...

beautiful audrey!! great job with the challenge!

Cathy Weber said...

Very pretty and elegant card Audrey. Didn't you think it was difficult to stick to the "1's"? I think you did an awesome job with this challenge. I especially love the beautiful ribbon that totally compliments your coloring.

Stephanie said...

Very pretty, Audrey!!! Love that you chose purple and kraft! And your coloring is awesome!

Sue Plote said...

Audrey, this is just beautiful. I love anything that begins with Kraft,and you've inspired me to use purple with it!

Laura Isham said...

Audrey, you always do such beautiful work! Great card!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS